We are a collaboration between Scottish Government, Scotland’s leading academic institutions and public bodies which aim to facilitate insight from data to support the COVID-19 response.
We are building upon Scotland’s existing data resources, expertise and capabilities offered by service delivery partners and partner organisations including The Scottish Government, PHS (eDRIS), NRS, EPCC, HDR-UK and Scottish Universities.
Alongside our partners, we will:
• Build on the national data infrastructure being developed by Scottish Government through investment from Administrative Data Research (ADR UK)
• Ensure the eDRIS service within PHS continues to support hundreds of data access and linkage projects each year
• Use the World-Class data infrastructure being developed at Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre
• Use expertise for data indexing that exists at the National Records of Scotland
• Use the expertise and services of the Regional Safe Havens, including additional data (with coverage of over half of the Scottish population) to the COVID-19 data holding and national COVID-19 related research
You can find out more about how we are supporting the current public health emergency by bringing together expertise, resource and capabilities from a range of existing programmes across the public sector here.
Research Data Scotland Transition Board
The RDS Transition Board will have strategic oversight of the RDS delivery programme, including transition from the project phase to RDS becoming a free standing and independent organisation. The Board may also oversee the early operation of RDS until such time all leadership and governance structures are in place.
The Board is chaired by Prof. Roger Halliday Chief Statistician, Scottish Government, and is made up of senior leaders from across the public sector, and leading academics. Secretariat is provided by the Data Access and Statistics Division, Scottish Government.
You can read more about the RDS Transition Board here.
Scottish COVID-19 Intelligence Network
A data taskforce, led by Scottish Government, was established to enable evidence-based policy and operational decisions by organisations in Scotland. You can find the minutes from these meetings here.
In June 2020, the data taskforce was replaced by the Scottish COVID-19 Intelligence Network.
In Collaboration With
• ADR UK